Onix Health and Life Sciences Cloud Solutions Sales Representative
Onix’s Health and Life Sciences division is seeking a passionate, technology-savvy, self-motivated individual to fill the role of cloud solutions sales representative. This person will identify, acquire and manage relationships in the health and life sciences vertical.
As a member of the Onix Health and Life Sciences division, you will inspire health and life sciences customers to securely work simpler, smarter and faster in a HIPAA-compliant environment. You will lead a team comprised of solution engineers and a professional services organization to securely enhance collaboration, optimize resources, increase insights and accelerate innovation.
You will work with your team to enable customers to effectively use two of the most widely used public clouds (Google Cloud Platform (GCP) and Amazon Web Services (AWS), and and many of the leading enterprise cloud solutions like G Suite, Google Cloud Search, Google Maps, and Google Chrome Browser and Chrome Devices. You will lead your team to understand and meet health and life sciences customers wherever they are in their cloud journey and enable them to effectively use the cloud to achieve their business objectives, improve clinical outcomes and accelerate research discoveries.
We recognize that the most talented technology sale representatives have many options in today’s job market. Below are a few of the top reasons to consider joining the innovative, talented and hard-working health and life sciences team at Onix.
Top Reasons to Work with Us:
- Onix is a premier Google Cloud partner in North America and has been named Google’s North America Partner of the Year. Onix is also recognized as one of Google’s top G Suite, Google Cloud Search, Google Maps and Google Chrome partners in North America with an extensive list of customer references.
- We have a significant customer roster in health and life sciences that includes hundreds of the most accomplished researchers in genomics, research computing, computational biology, and advanced analytics as well as health systems, insurance companies, medical device makers, pharmaceutical manufacturers, and health information technology vendors.
- Onix’s deep and long-standing relationship with Google means that our sales team has the opportunity to work collaboratively to sell solutions created by one of the most recognized technology companies in the world and benefit from access to a significant pipeline of highly qualified sales leads sourced directly from Google.
- Onix is also a consulting partner with AWS and is rapidly advancing this partnership with an expanding customer list and a growing list of AWS certifications. Our AWS partnership means that we now have access to the largest public cloud platform in the world and expands our ability to align customer requirements and business needs with the features and benefits of two of the most widely used cloud platforms.
- Onix’s experienced technical professional services and delivery team — which is proficient in working with GCP, AWS and integrating on-premise storage and solutions — enables us to support customer projects that involve single-cloud, hybrid-cloud and multi-cloud deployments. This ability is imperative for supporting our health and life sciences customers wherever they are in their cloud journey.
- Create and maintain strong, long-term relationships with customers and team members.
- Drive revenue. Uncover unmet needs and sell solutions comprised of a portfolio of approved vendor products and solutions, and Onix professional services within our existing health and life sciences customer accounts.
- Build and maintain customer relationships. Identify and build strategic relationships with C-level executives and key business leaders to promote Onix’s portfolio of cloud solutions.
- Acquire new customers. Identify and acquire new customers in the health and life sciences vertical and build and manage a robust pipeline of customer opportunities.
Possess and maintain a deep understanding of how the US healthcare system works including:
- Healthcare policies and regulations
- Payment models and methods
- Data standards
- Possess and maintain a working knowledge of the key players and influencers in the health and life sciences market:
- Public cloud providers
- Government agencies
- Electronic health record vendors
- Pharmaceutical companies and medical device manufacturers
- Insurance companies
- Health IT vendors
- Become a trusted adviser to senior IT and business executives within key accounts to create a long-term partnership with customers and ensure these strategic relationships result in customers becoming a public reference.
- Build strong relationships with strategic vendor partners (with a significant focus on Google and Amazon) that drive customer introductions and result in sales.
Explore and understand complex customer requirements on both a business and technical level.
- Develop, maintain and effectively communicate a deep understanding of the key features and benefits, and relevant points of differentiation for Onix cloud solutions, vendor partnerships, and professional services.
- Work collaboratively with Inside sales associates, sales engineers, and marketing to maximize business results.
- Accurately forecast, create and achieve strategic goals in the territory and aligned with Onix’s company goals.
- Manage multiple opportunities through the entire sales cycle, working with cross-functional teams as necessary.
- Serve as the primary customer contact for assigned health and life sciences accounts throughout the entire sales process and for the lifetime of the customer relationship.
Create and maintain timely and accurate CRM entries (SalesForce).
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (arts or sciences) in business administration, marketing or a related degree or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 5 years field sales experience in selling health information technology solutions and/ or services to enterprise and commercial customers with a demonstrated track record in exceeding sales goals.
- Minimum 3 years field sales experience selling software solutions and/ or professional services to at least one of the following health and life sciences customer environments:
- Health systems
- Insurance companies
- Pharmaceutical companies
- Diagnostic laboratories
- Other related and relevant environments
- Ability to lead a complex sales cycle through all stages of the opportunity lifecycle, including prospecting via email, calls and conferences/events; qualifying; proposal and SOW development; and contract negotiations.
- Self-starter with the ability to effectively operate and deliver results in a high energy and cross-functional environment.
- Ability to build influential relationships with C-level and director-level IT executives.
- Ability to assess customer challenges, perform qualification, clearly articulate the benefits of our technical solution, and ask for the business.
- Serve as a cloud health and life sciences “go-to subject matter expert (SME)” with Onix customers and team members, which may include attending and speaking at conferences, conducting training sessions, workshops, and webinars for customers and Onix team members, and reviewing and/or editing articles as time permits.
- Ability to deliver excellent customer experience.
- Knowledge of CRM Software.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Excellent written / verbal communication/presentation skills.
- An ability to deliver projects and answer questions on time.
- Prospect targeted accounts
- Work sales cycles
- Support demand-generation activities from inside sales and marketing
- Collaborate with partner reps from Google, AWS, and others
- Meet w/ customers and prospects as needed remotely or onsite
- Maintain accurate sales information in SalesForce
- Manage territory expenses accurately
- Operate with integrity, trustworthiness and a commitment to excellence
- Achieve revenue targets within designated sales territory
- Maintain fluency with our solutions
- Achieve designated Google and AWS sales certifications
- Develop an effective working relationship with our solution and sales engineers
- Collaborate with inside sales and marketing teams in their demand-generation efforts
- Travel as necessary to achieve sales and business objectives
- Appropriately use Onix resources and submit expense reports accurately and on time
Preferred (Not Required) Skills and Experience
- 3 years of experience with SaaS products and consulting services with a track record of sales success
- Field sales experience working in or selling to at least one of the following health and life sciences technology platforms:
- Electronic health records (EHR) systems
- Cloud-based health IT solutions
- Healthcare consulting services
- Lab management solutions (LMS)
- Practice management solutions
- Telemedicine / remote monitoring
- Field sales experience selling software and/ or services (see list below) or working in the following health and life sciences sub-verticals:
- Genomics, pharmacogenomics, precision medicine
- Imaging/ radiology
- Quality improvement
- Marketing, patient / customer engagement, patient / customer experience
Locations –Multiple (Cleveland, Chicago, New England, and others)
Reports to – Health and Life Sciences Lead
Direct reports – None
To apply click the “Apply Here” button. You will be taken to a new page. Search for “Health” and the open positions for health and life sciences will be displayed.